Monday, February 15, 2016

One Month...February 15, 2016

I don't have much time, but there are a few simple things I'd like to share with you. This past week has been a really good growing week for me and I have really seen the Lord at work in my life. I can hardly believe it's already been one month!! 

The Holy Ghost- Sister westover shared quote with me from Parley P Pratt that has really impacted me the past week. You can find the original version on Pinterest, but I'm just going to type it out. 

The Holy Ghost
"Quickens all the intellectual faculties, increases,enlarges, expands
and purifies all the natural passions and affections, and adapts them,
by the gift of wisdom, to their lawful use. 
It inspires, develops, cultivates and matures all the fine toned
sympathies, joys, tastes, kindred feelings and affections of our nature.
It inspires virtue, kindness, goodness, tenderness, gentleness
and charity. It develops beauty of a person, form and features. 
It tends to health, vigor, animation and social feeling. 
It develops and invigorates all the faculties of the
physical and intellectual man. It strengthens, invigorates and
gives tone to the nerves. In short, it is, as it were, 
marrow to the bone, joy to the heart, light to the eyes,
music to the ears, and life to the whole Being."
Parley P. Pratt

I love this quote because before I read it I never fully realized all of the way the Holy Ghost affects our lives. The Holy Ghost is in every aspect of our being, but only if we allow it to be. We must do our part to invite the spirit into  our lives. We must be worthy of it's companionship. 

Referrals- Sister Westover and I have really witnessed the power of referrals this week. We tried our very hardest to ask everyone we came in contact with if they knew someone who could benefit from this message. We received 5 referrals this week, which may not seem like a lot to anyone else, but it is a huge deal! I have realized how much I could have done as a member missionary in inviting friends to take the missionary discussions or even by giving referrals to missionaries. I wish I could go back and be better!

Challenge- This week I want to challenge all of you to better recognize the Holy Ghost's presence in your life. Find moments and write them down so that, someday, if you're doubting, you can go back and look upon that moment when you knew the Holy Ghost was present. 
I also want to challenge all of you to do your best as member missionaries. Don't be afraid to share your beliefs. Don't be afraid to give out referrals. YOU have a message to share!! YOU have been given a gift. YOU have the responsibility to help those you come in contact with receive eternal salvation. Don't let one moment pass by. I promise you will regret it, because I know I do. 

You are all sooooo amazing. I have loved receiving your letters, emails, and packages.I am so glad to hear that you are doing well. I feel your prayers and kindness everyday. Thank you all for helping me to be the best missionary I can be.

I LOVE YOU!!
Sister Madalyn Hillam  
Sister Madalyn Hillam & Sister Westover...St. Michaels Arizona
Picture sent to me via text from ward member on Valentines Day with a message saying
"Happy Valentine's Day from your Daughter, she gave an awesome talk in sacrament meeting today"
Best gift ever...might have shown my ugly cry face...
Next picture followed, I don't know who the other 2 sisters are??


No comments:

Post a Comment