Monday, March 28, 2016

So Many Blessings...March 28, 2016

Although this week seemed a little difficult at times, looking back I have realized that Sister Westover and I have been so blessed. There are so many things that I wish I could tell you all, but for lack of time, I will only share a few. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OLIVIA!!- I love you more than you will ever know! I hope that you had so much fun in Arizona. Don't ever forget how amazing you are. I love and miss you everyday, but I will see you soon! 

Fry Bread- This week, Sister Westover and I were asked to come and help Bishop Tulley's family with some service. We didn't know that the service was making fry bread.... I am not Navajo. These people have a talent. They are fry bread masters! Bishop and his wife taught us how they make fry bread without measurements and then had us make our own. We actually did pretty well! I am on my way to becoming like the Navajos! By the way....fry bread is sooo good!

General Women's Broadcast- After making Fry bread we headed over to a relief society dinner to watch the broadcast. The Broadcast was different than any that I had ever seen before. So much beautiful music and great inspirational videos. I learned a lot that will help me as a missionary and also as a member when I return home. the theme of the conference was Service. So, that is my challenge to you this week. Find someone to serve. Serve them out of love. As we serve people, our love for them grows and we begin to understand them better.

Tears of Comfort- This past week Sister Westover and I were definitely guided by the hand of God in our tracting efforts. Here in St. Michael's, I don't know if you could actually call it "tracting" due to the fact that we actually have to drive from house to house...same concept though. Anyway, Sister Westover and I had an appointment cancel and we were just going to arrive early to our next one when we both had the immediate impression that we should knock just one house before we left. OAs we thought about where to knock we came across a green house on a hill..quite the beacon, right? Needless to say, we knocked. To our surprise, we met one of the nicest families I have ever met here. This older couple has just recently lost their son this past October and said that they had been searching for help. Terry, the mom, said that she didn't know who sent us, but she was glad we were there. Later during the week, we met again with terry and Talked to her about the PLan of Salvation. When we started talking about the spirit world Terry's eyes flooded with tears. HSe couldn't even speak. Overwhelmed with emotions, she finally turned to us and said, "Now I know he's okay. I know where he is. my son is in the Spirit World." 
I have never had an experience like this. terry Needed comfort and had been praying for it. Heavenly Father send two, small, young, WHITE, teenage girls to her home in answer to her prayers. I know that this work is guided by divine direction. Of that there is no doubt. 

I love you all so much and I am so blessed to call you family and friends. I am so thankful for all of the letters and emails of support. I would not be here without you. 

Ha'go'a'neeh! (Goodbye)
Sister Madalyn Hillam

No comments:

Post a Comment