Friday, January 15, 2016

Departure Day: MTC Here She Comes...Wednesday January 13, 2016

I have dreaded this day since she opened her call! I envisioned how it would play out in my mind over and over and ended the same every time...ugly cry face with uncontrollable sobs. I was not disappointed, thats exactly what happened. We woke up early, Noah offered family prayer, Todd gave Madalyn, Sister Hillam, a fathers blessing, grandma McBride called (the tears began) and we were off to the Idaho Falls Airport. We got her luggage checked in and stood around and looked at each other for what felt like eternity. It was time to say goodbye...anyone who has ever had to do this can feel their heart start to ache like it has never ached before. I can not find the words to express the feelings I felt as I watched her hug us one by one then turn and walk away knowing that she would not be home today, tomorrow, next week, next month. No " Hi Mom" at lunch, no drop in's at work, no late night giggle sessions. But also knowing that she was serving her Heavenly Father, that she was doing something far greater. That she was ready to fly! No looking back! Oh how I love Her!
Sloan Schmitt, Noah, Madalyn, Olivia

Noah, Madalyn,Olivia,Keegan
                                                        
Dad & Madalyn


Mom & Madalyn

Keegan & Madalyn

Noah & Madalyn

Olivia & Madalyn

She is off...

No comments:

Post a Comment